We wanted to try this for a long time,
but we finally made our homemade miso!
- miso making process -
1) soak soy beans in water overnight - they will be abut doubled in size
2) cook soy beans in water until they are soft enough
to smash easily with your fingers
6) make balls with miso and throw them into the container
so that you won't put lots of air into miso.
7) once you put all miso in to the container,
put some salt and a red pepper on the top
8) cover the top surface, and put a weight on the top
- the weight should be about as heavy as the miso
9) keep the container in cool and dark space for 6 months or so.
We cannot wait to eat miso soups with handmade miso!